Kochi Metro Rail Limited convened a meeting of traffic coordination committee on 30th January 2014 at 11.30 am at KMRL Office to discuss the need of rearrangement of traffic in connection with the construction of Kochi Metro Rail project.
It was decided to remove the barricades between Chennai Silks to Padma Junction by February 10th.
The other major decisions taken in this meeting are:
· Streamlining of bus-stops by Monday
· Publicise the diversion roads through boards and FM Radio
· Provide signage required (Route diversion as well as no parking boards)
· Signal timing rearranging
· Optimise the service of traffic wardens
· Shifting electric poles in consultation with KSEB
· Improvements of traffic diversion roads
· Insist lane-traffic and no-parking where barricading is done
Elias George, Managing Director KMRL, K.Padmakumar (ADGP), Sheik Pareeth (District Collector), K.J.James (Commissioner of Police), Satheesh Bino (Superintendent of Police, Rural, Ernakulam),Mohammed Rafeeque (Deputy Commissioner of Police, LO & traffic), Baby Vinod (ACP, traffic West), Sadiq Ali (Joint RTO), P. Sreeram (The Project Director, DMRC) and other officials from KMRL,PWD& Cochin Corporation participated in the meeting.