As part of resolve the traffic congestion and speed up the road repair activities, KMRL had initiated a joint inspection along with DMRC, Cochin Corporation, KWA, PWD, NH, Traffic Police officials between Vyttila Junction and Aluva through the Metro Rail viaduct corridor on 13th August, 2014.
After the inspection the following decision were taken:
1. The strong potholes in the entire stretch will be attended by DMRC from tonight onwards using bitumen emulsion and shelmac premix.
2. The damaged road shoulders between Vyttila and Ernakulam will be attended by DMRC as part of shoulder widening.
3. The blockage of drain in the M.G. Road drain on western road will be attended by Cochin Corporation soon.
4. The unevenness formed between North and Edappally scraped and removed by DMRC.
5. Tile laying at Edappally Junction in NH 17 will be repaired by DMRC soon on withdrawal of crusher strike.
6. The blockage of inlet holes to drain will be removed by Cochin Corporation facilitating every drainage of water from road to drain.
7. Carriageway width restoration due to culverts – The barricades at such portion will be removed with top priority.
8. The barricades at portion where pier is completed will be shifted inward to give more road width.
9. The water stagnates at Kannanthodu road near Changampuzha park will be attended by Cochin Corporation soon
10. Water stagnates at Premier Junction will be resolved by DMRC tonight.