An emergency meeting was held at Ernakulam Guest House by Chief Minister on yesterday evening in the context of the Traffic Problems faced in the Kochi area. The Minister for works Shri. Ibrahim Kunju, the minister for Irrigation. Shri P.J Joseph, Ernakulam MP Shri. K.V Thomas, MLAs Shri. Benny Behanan, Shri. Hibi Eaden, Shri. Ludy Louis, Shri. Anvar Sadath, GCDA Chairman Shri. N. Venugopal , KMRL MD Shr. Elias George , other Senior officers from KMRL& DMRC and the Police department were present in the meeting.
In the meeting the following decisions were taken
1. Urgent maintenance work would be undertaken by the Kochi Metro rail Contractors from Aluva up to Ernakulam to restore the road surface. This work would be completed positively in 10 days.
2. PWD would commence a comprehensive repair and road restoration programme on an emergency basis. Minister PWD would hold a meeting of PWD, KMRL, DMRC, NHAI and Police officials on 19/08/2014 at Aluva guest house to finalise the details of this programme.
3. Emergency repair work will be undertaken in the city by GCDA & Cochin Corporation also in their roads
4. The strength of the traffic enforcement had already been increased by inducting police constables from the AR Camp. This would be further augmented.
5. PWD will be immediately attending the repair works at Kalady bridge. Marthanda Varma Bridge and Mangalappuzha bridges