Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) has completed the process of shortlisting agencies for General Consultants for implementing the integrated water transport project. 15 bidders responded to the EoI (Expression Of Interest) and 3 consortiums got shortlisted after the technical evaluation. The shortlisted consortiums are as follows:
1. AECOM Consortium (Aecom India Pvt. Ltd, Urban Mass Transit Company Ltd., Zebec Marine Consultants and Service Pvt Ltd.)
2. Egis Consortium (Egis India Consulting engineers Pvt Ltd., Egis International)
3. INROS LACKNER SE Consortium (INROS LACKNER SE, GOPA, Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd., Fibroplast Marine Pvt Ltd.)
The consortium will be responsible for the project management as well as the planning and construction supervision for the following works and systems:
- Navigation, OCC and other systems like AFC etc.
- Approach roads and associated infrastructure
- Jetty area development including commercial retail
- Operation & Maintenance
The three firms will be asked to submit the Request For Proposal (RFP) within 45 days. The General Consultant selected will be reviewing the detailed project report (DPR) prepared by UMTC suggest the revisions and modifications.
The advent of the Water Metro will put Kochi on the map, making it the first Indian city where water connectivity will be developed as a feeder service to the Metro rail. The project envisages the development of 16 identified routes, connecting 38 jetties across 10 islands and spans a total route network of 76km.
The integrated water transport