Right now, we are fighting a global war against something that’s invisible to the naked eye – the Novel Coronavirus. Also called COVID-19, the pandemic is spreading, creating panic and distress across the world. A threat that was unknown till December 2019, there’s no proven cure or vaccine for Coronavirus / COVID-19 yet. The only way to prevent Coronavirus infection is to adopt good hygiene and safety practices, which are:
- Wash your hands often or use a hand sanitizer, especially after going to public places.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or lips with unwashed hands.
- Use a face mask if needed.
- Observe good personal hygiene.
Safe Journey, With Kochi Metro.
At Kochi Metro, we attach utmost importance to the safety and wellbeing of our passengers. We are taking all possible measures to ensure that our commuters are safe, including daily sanitization/disinfection of our coaches and facilities to minimize chances of infection.
We also urge our passengers to observe the following “Healthy Travel Practices” for the sake of everyone’s safety.
- Always maintain social distance – avoid greeting people with handshakes and hugs.
- Don’t touch your face while in the train or in the station.
- Carry tissue towels to cover your cough or sneeze and discard them safely in waste bins.
- If someone is coughing or sneezing, move away immediately.
- Avoid touching your phone while on the train, it could infect your phone screen.
- Limit contact with the metal poles in trains, disinfect your hands after holding on to poles/handgrips.
- Avoid placing your bags on the floor. If you have to, sanitize them after you get off the train.
- Don’t share water bottles.
- Wash your hands well after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching the turnstiles at stations.
- Carry a hand sanitizer and use it the moment you leave the train as well as the station.
- Wash your hands the moment you have access to soap and water.
Let’s do all what’s possible to stay safe. Let’s fight COVID-19, together.